Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Food Feast in Portugal


This is the famous Portugal Tart. The outlook is exactly same like the one we had in Malaysia. But the original Portugal Tart from Portugal is much sweeter. It tasted almost like vanila and not egg like the one in Malaysia. Come to think about it Portugal has once conquered Malaysia. No wonder we had some similar food :P

This looks like a giant egg tart but frankly our chinese egg tart is much more yummier. Probably because is more fresh and has a crispy crunch on the outter layer.






This yummy piece is made from coconut and egg. Really good!

This is super sweet! Being a sweet person myself, trust me this sweetness is much more than one normal person could bare. I actually took a bite and throw the rest :P But I have to admit it looks really attractive especially after a hot long walk around the city of Lisbon.

I fall in love with this cheese! Not a very strong taste of milky cheese but more towards mild egg taste.

My 1st night dinner out in Ericeria :D Coming to a fishing village of course I would order something seafood related. This grilled octopus with baby potatoes are good! The baby potatoes was the best that I have ever tasted. I don't know potatoes can be that good :P No wonder western people replace rice with potatoes. Although I still prefer the fried "sotong" with chilie in Malaysia :D But guess being here abroad, it was extremely hard to find something as spicy as in Malaysia. Unless, I cook myself but still Asian market here is still lacking some of the original spices in Malaysia like "ikan bilis", "sambal belacan"... gosh, I miss "nasi lemak"!

Rice with shrimps in curry paste...

seafood salad...

grilled codfish with potatoes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alla hu akhbar!!!